There are regular home maintenance tasks every homeowner must perform each year, and roof cleaning is one of them. Sunshine Pressure Washing can help by whisking away the grit and grime to preserve your roof’s life. We can also remove the seeds of moss and algae to restore the material’s natural color. For homes near water and sand, it may cause severe damage by settling into the roof’s cracks and crannies. That is why washing the sand away at least once a year is essential. Here are some facts you need to know about using a pressure washing service for your roof cleaning in the Lake Worth area.
1. Plants and Greens Cause Damage
Algae and moss can easily damage your home’s roof because they are living structures. The spores are almost invisible, but as they grow, the plants send tendrils down into the shingles. The roots feed off the limestone and glue used to create the roofing materials. Tile roofs are also at risk, and the surface needs to be washed yearly to prevent growth. The voracious seeds and spores can settle down between the tiles and establish a rooting system. Our power washing specialists can remove green plants, spores, and seeds. The washing can help prevent premature deterioration of your roof, too.
2. Different Roofs, Different Care
There are several types of water pressure used for roof cleaning because not all materials are created equally. Older homes need a softer touch, while commercial roofing often requires a harder water pressure to remove the grime. We also have different types of washing solutions and chemicals for cleaning a variety of surfaces. Our staff has the tools and experience to know how to handle the dirt on any roof – including yours.
3. Trust Skilled Professional Washers
There is a group of individuals called DIY’ers that will try to do anything and everything on their own. While it may look like a good idea to rent a power washer and attempt tile roof cleaning Tampa by yourself, don’t. Roofing materials can be slippery when wet, and that makes the tiles dangerous, especially those that have a steep incline. Our team is specially trained to know how to navigate loose tiles, stray shingles, or tricky ladders. We also know which cleaning fluids and disinfectants to use on your roof to clean and protect it.
4. Debris Damages Roofing Fabric
If you look around your neighborhood and see specks of green on the roofs of nearby homes, you can bet you have some moss, algae, or mold growing on the roof of your house. Don’t wait until you can see large clumps of green growth before you call us. Let us dislodge and remove the small growths before they can weaken the shingles or tiles. Removing leaves, grasses, and other debris from your roof can also prevent the growth of seeds or other contaminants.
5. Roof Cleaning Is an Investment
Your home protects you from all types of weather, so when you invest in a roof cleaning service, you are investing in your home. Storms can bring in chemicals, mold spores, tiny seeds, and grungy grime willing to thrive on your home. The thicker the grime buildup, the more trapped moisture there is to feed the spores and seeds. We know what to look for and how to remove that grime and the invading seeds.
6. Other Services Are Available
There are many parts to your roof that sometimes get overlooked when cleaning begins. Eaves, flashings, chimneys, and soffits are all potential areas that grime, grit, and debris can collect. We have more than a decade of experience and know where to look for those hidden problems. We can also clean out the gutters attached to your roof, your deck’s sunshade, and your gazebo.
Contact us today to learn more and to get a custom quote!
- Why your business needs exterior pressure washing - February 4, 2021
- Why cleaning your home windows is important - January 15, 2021
- Cleaning Your Roof with Pressure Washing - December 4, 2020
- Why Pressure Washing in Boynton Beach Will Get Your Sidewalks Cleaner Than Your Hose Ever Could - November 2, 2020
- Here’s How to Prepare for Fence Restoration Pressure Washing in Lake Worth - October 15, 2020
- Give a Finishing Touch to Your Home Projects with Pressure Washing in Lake Worth - October 2, 2020
- Hoping to Lengthen the Life of Your Roof? Let Roof Cleaning in Wellington Help You Out - September 30, 2020
- Here’s How Pressure Washing in Wellington is so Effective - September 2, 2020
- 3 Cleaning Tasks You Didn’t Know Pressure Washing in Lake Worth Could Help You With - August 20, 2020
- Here’s How Pressure Cleaning in Boca Raton Helps You Fit in a Summer Vacation - July 22, 2020